Skip to main content

Penmaenmawr to Bangor

 

We were back at Penmaenmawr and set off along the promenade passing a few people and dogs until we reached the end.  From there it was up steps, up a hill and over the side of the mountain until we reached a bridge across the busy road.  

Once safely across we followed it down through Llanfairfechan to the beach where Ian had parked up.  They enjoyed sandwiches at the beach cafe whilst I watched and waited for a morsel (and that's all I got).  Meanwhile a large group of lurchers, whippets and greyhounds were waiting for their owners to take them on a jaunt.  
My walk continued along the beach - lots of interesting smells though I saw very few other dogs.  
We reached a road then entered this nature reserve, the Spinnies, where I posed for a photo.  I think I should have been higher up.
Then we met Ian and walked round the edge of Parc Penrhyn until we reached the road and our car.  A lovely walk though I had to do it all with my halti on.  She didn't trust me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wet and windy walk to Abersoch

  We left Hell's Mouth and looked back at the waves crashing on the beach.  It wasn't promising. As we walked over the top of the headland we got close to the edge.  It was steep.  'I don't think I want to go any further.'  She didn't listen.  We headed on in the wind and the rain.  Sometimes we nearly got blown over.   See that headland?  That's where we were heading. Oh no!  That's miles away. 'Please can we go back,' I woofed as the wind blew me against the fence. She didn't listen.   Then we reached this field. I couldn't see 'breeding bulls' anywhere so we continued.  Notice I'm the one in front. Eventually we reached the top and started walking in the direction of Abersoch.  We never actually got there.   Ian was waiting in the first carpark by the sea.   I enjoyed having a rub down and a drink.  She had to wait to get back to get out of her wet things.

Aberdaron to another Towyn

  It started very well with a rabbit in the path but I wasn't able to follow it so continued along the path by a stream until we came to a road.  No sign of the sea yet.  We crossed fields of cows, a bull and lots of sheep.  Then we reached the top of the cliffs and I had to take care - narrow path, steep drop down to the sea and gusts of wind.   Looking back we could see Aberdaron in the far distance.  Looking forward we could see the hill we had to climb over to reach Ian.  Before we reached that mountain, we got lost!  She did find an interesting building that was once a mine working but had to walk cross country to find the road we should have been on.   I kept a look out so we didn't get lost again.   Then we reached the top and there were horses.  We had lunch (I stole her sandwich!) then continued down hill and found Ian who'd cycled up the road.  He went back on the road and we walked down to a cafe where...

Penmon Point to Pentraeth beach

  We're back on Anglesey and he's joining us for the first bit through these paths between wild flowers and by the high walls of the priory fields. I'm still trying to get this off my nose but nobody's taking any notice of me. Through the gate there's views of the mountains of Eryri and more sheep with lambs. Then he heads back to the car part (and a coffee) while we continue along lanes passing more fields and houses. We pass a herd of belted Galloways who had a lovely view of the sea looking back from where we'd come from. We passed lots of gorze bushes (with the scent of coconut) and eventually dropped down fields and steps to reach the rocky sea shore.  Luckily the path went along a lane for a while until the signpost led us to the shore path which was clear.  I wasn't happy walking along the decking but that was better than walking along the top of the wall that seemed to last for miles.   We got to the end and then I saw him coming towards us. Only ano...