Skip to main content

Penmon Point to Pentraeth beach

 

We're back on Anglesey and he's joining us for the first bit through these paths between wild flowers and by the high walls of the priory fields.

I'm still trying to get this off my nose but nobody's taking any notice of me.


Through the gate there's views of the mountains of Eryri and more sheep with lambs.

Then he heads back to the car part (and a coffee) while we continue along lanes passing more fields and houses.

We pass a herd of belted Galloways who had a lovely view of the sea looking back from where we'd come from.

We passed lots of gorze bushes (with the scent of coconut) and eventually dropped down fields and steps to reach the rocky sea shore.  Luckily the path went along a lane for a while until the signpost led us to the shore path which was clear.  I wasn't happy walking along the decking but that was better than walking along the top of the wall that seemed to last for miles.  

We got to the end and then I saw him coming towards us. Only another couple of miles to go and we'd be at the car.  She was ready to drop blaming osteoarthritis - whoever that is.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the bottom of the Lleyn peninsula

This was Whistling Sands today as we set off to Aberdaron.  Still couldn't hear it but that's probably because the wind was blowing from the west.  It wasn't as windy as yesterday and we got off to a good start. Instead of sheep on the path, we had these monsters! They were very docile so didn't scare me. There was a big hill to climb though she nearly missed the turn off (blamed the farmer for not putting the sign back).  Up and up we climbed.   The views from the top were good but between this hill and the next was a big drop - almost down to the sea! But we kept on going and eventually reached the top of the next hill just as Ian arrived - in the car!  We stopped on top to eat our packed lunch then set off down.   Are we nearly there yet? Not yet but we could see Bardsey Island and soon we could see round the corner to Aberdaron.  And guess who came to meet us about a mile outside the village?  Yes, Ian was back to make sure I arrived...

Pwllheli to Llanystumdwy (fishy!)

Yippee!   I got to paddle in the sea.  This was going to be a fun walk, even if she wouldn't let me off the lead.   He dropped us off at the seafront in Pwllheli and (after they'd had a scone and coffee) we walked all the way round the harbour then reached the beach.  There were other dogs but I wasn't interested in them.  There were so many other things to sniff - and taste! Little fishes were all over the sand - she dragged me away after I'd eaten a load.  I think she thought I'd be sick.  It was a very long sandy beach with views to the headland where we were heading and out to sea where I saw a dog on a paddleboard (not alone - there was a human too). When we got near the end of the beach we crossed some dunes and then walked along the pebbles between gorse bushes and a rabbit warren.  Didn't see any. This was her picnic spot - looking for seals in the bay while eating smoked salmon butties (and not sharing them).  We walked ove...